Amy Klobuchar's pot-meets-kettle moment
I wrote this article to highlight Sen. Klobuchar's quote where she said "Minnesota is home to the largest Somali community in the country and has a tradition of opening its doors to immigrants from all over the world. I welcome this re-designation of Somalia for TPS, which will allow Somali people in Minnesota and across the United States to continue living, working, and succeeding in our country. As an early supporter of the legislation to provide these immigrants with a pathway to citizenship, I will continue to fight for reform to our immigration system." You read that right. Sen. Klobuchar wants to provide Somalis "a pathway to citizenship."
Klobuchar shouldn't be taken seriously. She wants unscreened Somalis to have a pathway to citizenship. Sen. Klobuchar didn't worry about Somali gangs until they became a campaign issue. Further, Klobuchar supports sanctuary jurisdictions, which makes it difficult for state and federal law enforcement to work together. In this interview with CNN's Dana Bash, Sen. Klobuchar insisted that Minnesota didn't have a Somali gang crisis:
Tell that to Edina, Eden Prairie and Bloomington. Sen. Klobuchar apparently lives in Happy Talk Land. How can you trust someone that reflexively rejects everything President Trump says?It's interesting that Sen. Klobuchar praised law enforcement. This didn't factor into Sen. Klobuchar's decision, did it?
Sen. Klobuchar is as fake as a $4 bill. We need a leader with a plan, not a career politician.I am deeply honored to receive the endorsement of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis. As Governor, I’ll ensure that criminals are punished. Strengthening public safety will always be a top priority. I look forward to working with the federation to make Minnesota a better place to live, work and raise a family.
— Lisa Demuth (@LisaDemuthMN) October 6, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment