Donald Trump picks a fight in TX

Dustin Grage reports "Again, Ken Paxton was never in any real danger of losing in November. Now, MAGA Inc. has come in with a $10 million ad reservation to ensure this seat stays in Republican hands. The NRSC should be throwing money at this seat as well. But if they don’t have to, I hope they use those resources to expand the map. Michigan and Minnesota are in play."

Michigan and Minnesota are in play, almost to the point where I'd move them from leans Democrat to toss-up. I won't go farther than that YET but Democrats have lost their momentum in both states.

This is why I'm optimistic about Minnesota: I'll admit that I'm being optimistic but a significant portion of that optimism has to do with the gap in the quality of GOP candidates vs. the dearth of talent on the DFL (DSA?) side. The DFL (DSA?) candidatesare skilled at reciting their prepared lines. They're worthless at thinking on their feet. Michele Tafoya, Lisa Demuth and Ron Schutz are quick-witted and prepared to handle anything. Lisa Demuth:

Michele Tafoya:

It's a shame that Trump primaried John Cornyn. Cornyn would be ahead by 10-15 points right now. Still, we are where we are so we'll deal with it. Let's hope Trump doesn't let his grudges cloud his judgment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)