Keith Ellison's re-election is in trouble

I'm skeptical of media polls but this KSTP/SurveyUSA poll seems more believable than last month's poll. Last month's poll didn't sample likely voters and it had a Margin of Error of 5.6%. This poll sampled 654 Likely voters, which led to a 4.4% MoE. The other noteworthy news from the poll shows Minnesota GOP Attorney General candidate Ron Schutz taking the lead against DFL State Attorney General Keith Ellison. Carleton College Professor Emeritus Steven Schier offers this perspective:

Of all the statewide races, the MN AG race seems most impacted by the fraud issue, followed by the MN Auditor's race.

Townhall.com journalist Dustin Grage offers this perspective on the MN AG race:

BTW, Scott Jensen has the biggest GOP lead in the statewide races with a 7-point lead. This is noteworthy:
Republicans have gained in all statewide races since the last SurveyUSA poll: Lisa Demuth now down 7 (47-40) to Senator Amy Klobuchar, Michelle Tafoya tied with Lt. Governor Flanagan (42% each), GOPer Ron Schutz leads AG Ellison (45%-43%) Secretary of State Steve Simon up four (40%-36% for Tad Jude), GOPer Scott Jensen leads DFLer Zach Filipovich for Auditor (43%-36%).
Professor Emeritus Schier said that Steve Simon might become the victim of a GOP wave. While I'd love to see a red wave in Minnesota, I'm keeping that stored in the I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it closet for now. Further, it's ESSENTIAL that Republicans keep campaigning like they're down 1-2 points with a month left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)