Did Jacob Frey's neighbors fire that bullet?

Minneapolis violence is getting worse week-by-week. Now, this KSTP article reports that Megan Stuart is living in fear because a bullet ripped through her condo's window just feet from her head while she slept early Saturday morning. She explained what happened to KSTP reporter Ben Henry in this interview:

As part of the report, Stuart told Henry "If the bullet was a couple feet that way, I was sleeping, and like … I hate to even think about that." Later, she said "Whether that be extra cameras, lights over here, more patrols, like, and it has to be not just moving the crowd for an hour. It has to be like moving them permanently." I feelsad for Ms. Stuart. There was a time when people were civilized, when people felt safe, even after dark. That's gone.

After George Floyd's death, which was emblematic of Minneapolis's bigger problem, calls for reimagining the police came frequently. In Minneapolis, that really meant returning to doing policing right. This happened 2 years after Floyd:

Instead of reimagining policing, Minneapolis should reimagine politicking. Too often, politicians-activists throw police under the proverbial bus. This must stop. IMMEDIATELY! How can Minneapolis mayor after Minneapolis mayor not fix this crisis? Businesses have closed because people stopped coming into crime-ridden parts of Minneapolis. This has been happening for 20+ years.
Now, she’s calling for action to address large late-night gatherings near the Stone Arch Bridge, which she says is fueling criminal activity.

"Whether that be extra cameras, lights over here, more patrols, like, and it has to be not just moving the crowd for an hour. It has to be like moving them permanently," Stuart said. "I’m worried for our community. I’m worried for my neighbors … I just want to feel like normal again, where I can go down to the Stone Arch and feel safe, and I can go get coffee and feel safe. I can go to bed at night knowing that a bullet is not going to go through my window."

If Jacob Frey won't rid Minneapolis of crime, they should fire him and replace him with someone who's committed to straightening Minneapolis out. Finally, it's time for Frey to admit that criminal illegal aliens aren't "neighbors."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)