Bobby Kennedy JR.: JFK, FDR, wouldn't recognize today's Democrat Party

A week+ ago, Larry Kudlow told Michele Tafoya that Hubert Humphrey wouldn't recognize today's DFL because of its hard-left turn away from patriotism and supporting Israel. Speaking at last night's the GOP's first Midterm Convention, RFK JR. said "I am 72 years old, and for 70 years of my life I would have bet any amount of money that I would not be addressing a Republican convention. Ours was a party of strong principles, of clear policies and inspiring idealistic vision for America."

Then RFK JR. dropped a nuclear bomb on today's Democrats, saying "During COVID, I watched the Democratic party turn against every one of its essential values, its principles and all the policies that define my party. The Democrats, which were once the champions of the American constitution, systematically obliterated the Bill of Rights. Neither my father nor my uncle would recognize the Democratic party today."

Coming from the Kennedy dynasty, saying that JFK and RFK wouldn't recognize today's Democrats is the political equivalent of dropping the H-Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It isn't surprising that the left on social media went nuts. RFK JR.'s speech is 25+ minutes long but it's worth watching:

About 16:00 into the speechRFK JR. said "[Trump] called me and asked for a meeting and during the series of talks that followed, I realized about him, everything I'd heard about him from the mainstream media was a lie. I discovered -- I discovered a self-effacing man of superior intelligence, of empathy and compassion with an encyclopedic grasp of the issues with molecular detail and, most of all, a near reckless couragee that challenged orthodoxies. I found a man who cared deeply in transparency in government, who believed more than anything in protecting free speech and the entire U.S. Constitution. ... I found that many of the foundational values of the Democratic Party had found a new home and it was callled the Republican Party."

To be fair, RFK JR. called Kamala Harris:

Do you think she would agree to talk with me? Do you think that she'd even pick up the phone? So, on Aug. 23, 2024, I suspended my campaign and endorsed President Trump.
RFK JR apparently is the most famous member of the WalkAway campaign. It's time for the DFL to realize that the DFL of Hubert Humphrey and Walter Mondale doesn't exist in the DFL. The DFL's values are now part of the Republican Party of Minnesota. C'mon over. The water is fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)