Amy Klobuchar vs. Lisa Demuth polling
I think it's starting to hit home:
This poll isn't from a well-known pollster but I trust it far more than, for instance, I trust the KSTP-SurveyUSA Poll. The co-efficient poll is based on a sampling of 833 likely general election voters. Further, the poll's margin of error, aka MoE, is a tiny 3.38%. I don't remember the number of people polled by SurveyUSA but their MoE was a whopping 5.6%. That isn't a poll. That's a SWAG, aka Statistical Wild Ass Guess.New - Minnesota Governor poll
— Political Polls (@PpollingNumbers) September 15, 2026
🔵 Klobuchar 47%
🔴 Demuth 45%
co/efficient - LV - 9/15 pic.twitter.com/BSZp2i3fAD
According to the Alpha News article, "According to co/efficient, 47% of respondents said they would vote for Klobuchar in the race if the election were held today. Meanwhile, 45% of those surveyed said they would vote for Demuth. Another 9% of respondents said they were undecided." That's a real race. The questions facing Sen. Klobuchar are real, too. For instance, will Sen. Klobuchar have the spine to defy Education Minnesota on school choice? That's a major part of Speaker Demuth's plan. Would Klobuchar's K-12 Education Commissioner be an EdMinn watchdog to keep Gov. Klobuchar in check? I'm betting that Kendall Qualls, a true reformer, would be Gov. Demuth's K-12 Education Commissioner. Rest assured that Klobuchar's commissioner will have STATUS QUO stamped on their forehead. The Demuth commissioner would have COMEBACK PLAN or FAILED STATUS QUO ENDS TODAY stamped on his forehead.
While I'm skeptical of this poll, I haven't written it off. Part of the poll is highly believable:
In the hotly contested race for U.S. Senate, 43% of respondents chose Flanagan when asked who they would vote for in the Senate race if the election were held today. Meanwhile, Tafoya received support from 42% of those surveyed, and 11% of respondents said were undecided.Dustin Grage wrote this about that:
All of the recent polling shows a within-the-margins race. Go Team Red: It's time for the RGA to jump into Minnesota's hotly-contested gubernatorial race. Sen. Klobuchar ISN'T the unstoppable juggernaut that the Twin Cities Protection Media tells us she is. That's propaganda not reporting.🚨 BREAKING: Michele Tafoya is within striking distance for the FIFTH consecutive poll.
— Dustin Grage (@GrageDustin) September 15, 2026
Just ONE POINT separates the two:
🔵 Peggy Flanagan: 43%
🔴 Michele Tafoya: 42%
National Republicans need to start prioritizing this race.
Minnesota is in play. pic.twitter.com/vl8FtGzKCj

Comments
Post a Comment