The DFL's (DSA's) affordability crisis exposed
On August 23, I wrote this post about the DFL's imminent affordability crisis, which I titled "The DFL's affordability LIE exposed." In it, I wrote about the Democrats' federal affordability problem by telling people about the $1,900,000,000,000 spent on the American Rescue Plan. That spending gave us 9.1% inflation. Then I wrote about the DFL Trifecta spending the entire $18,000,000,000 projected surplus before hiking taxes by $10,000,000,000. The result was a $6,000,000,000 projected deficit. Then I wrote about Minneapolis's 11.3% property tax hike, which many people can't afford.
As lengthy of a list as that is, we aren't finished. According to this KSTP article, "The Minneapolis Public School Board is expected to approve its preliminary levy in two weeks. That deadline approaches as board members are being briefed about a new report assessing the district’s financial and business practices. That report, by the Center for Effective School Operations, found that basic financial tasks are getting done, but processes are often slow, are not well documented and rely on individual employee knowledge. Now, there’s a big test for budget-makers: setting a levy that will pay for the district’s needs but not place an undue burden on taxpayers. This is KSTP's report on the potential levy:
Since Minneapolis is run by the DFL, this potential levy is part of the DFL's affordability crisis. While hiring a new governor and putting in place a GOP Trifecta won't fix all these problems, it'll send the right signal that unending LGA increases and property tax hikes won't be tolerated.
Comments
Post a Comment