Demuth-Wilson affordability agenda
This Minnesota Reformer article announces that Demuth "would direct her administration to 'find $1 billion in savings across all agencies'."The article then states that "The $1 billion in savings Demuth hopes to find amounts to about 1.5% of the state’s current $66 billion, two-year general fund budget." In 2023, the DFL Trifecta raised spending by $18,000,000,000.
That's a 33% increase from the previous biennial budget. If you can't find 1.5% of that increase was money foolishly spent, then you're trying hard NOT TO FIND that 1.5%. When Mark Ritchie was Minnesota's allegedly corrupt Secretary of State, he insisted that he couldn't find voter fraud. At that point, I coined the phrase that "It's impossible to find what you refuse to look for.
In 2008, I went through the St. Paul operating budget. At the end of the study, I found that 35% of their operating budget could've been eliminated and nobody would've noticed. Speaker Demuth laid out her affordability agenda while reminding Minnesotans of the costs that increased durig the 2023 DFL Trifecta:
It's time to reverse the spending curve of the DFL Trifecta, with rising property taxes topping the list. Sen. Klobuchar said she wants to "cap property taxes." I'd love to hear how you'd do that without raising other taxes or fees. Unlike Speaker Demuth, who seems to understand fundamental economics, Sen. Klobuchar seems to know the 'economic lingo game.' She doesn't understand economics but she talks a good game. Minnesotans need someone who will create a thriving capitalist economy. That's Speaker Demuth. That ISN'T Sen. Klobuchar.
Comments
Post a Comment