Will the real Mike Lindell step forward?

I wish I could trust Mike Lindell but that's impossible now for multiple reasons. Initially, in this Alpha News article, Lindell is quoted as saying "Now, you’re not a citizen. You can’t vote, but you have this card that now you can work and you can go be paying taxes, be functioning in society." Alpha reported "According to the Washington Examiner, Lindell’s plan would only give visas to illegal aliens without criminal records. He said illegal aliens would be fingerprinted when they receive the conditional work visas."

After watching this video, though, I have difficulty trusting Lindell. This tweet says it perfectly. It says "Just that takes him off my candidate list. I don't care if Trump endorsed him." To me, the video is the thing that finishes Lindell's campaign. Here's the video:

Lindell said that the visa wouldn't give illegal aliens (my term) citizenship but this type of visa would mean that they'd never have to leave the U.S. He told that to Esme Murphy, a veteran reporter for WCCO-TV, the local CBS affiliate in the Twin Cities and definitely a Democrat. She was there to make news, which Lindell gave to her during the interview.
What's disturbing to me is that governors don't set immigration and naturalization polict. In Article I, Section VIII of the Constitution, it says that CONGRESS sets immigration policy. Finally, why is immigration policy this high on his list of priorities? If he's elected, won't he have bigger priorities to deal with? Mike Lindell wasn't on my list of candidates to vote for. This brainfart just dropped him further. Get out the carving knife. This turkey is finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)