Is Mike Lindell a John McCain Republican?

After reading this Washington Examiner article, I'm not certain that Mike Lindell, the purveyor of MyPillow, is a Republican. If he is, he's a John McCain Gang of Eight type of Republican, not a movement conservative like Ted Cruz. I've vooted before for candidates who weren't movement conservatives up and down the ticket in Minnesota. I'll enthusiastically vote for Michelle Tafoya for U.S. Senate in the primary and in the general election if she wins the primary, which I think she will.

Donald Trump's endorserment of Mike Lindell isn't because Lindell is a conztitutional conservative. Based on the article, I don't think he knows the Constitution. In the article, he's quoted as saying I’d like the whole United States to do this, but let’s say I did it here in Minnesota. Six months, all the illegal immigrants would have to go get what’s going to be called a conditional work visa."

First, governors aren't supposed to be involved in setting immigration and naturalization policy. That's the exclusive responsibility of the federal government. Next, Esme Murphy interviewed Lindell. Supposedly, Lindell is quoted as saying "You have illegals who are here illegally… they’ve never committed a crime.” This article lays out the specifics:

Under Lindell's proposal, Minnesota would impose a six-month deportation moratorium while illegal immigrants register, submit fingerprints, and undergo criminal background checks. Applicants would not receive citizenship or voting rights, but the conditional visas would not expire.
First, people thinking that Tom Homan will obey that deportation moratorium likely live just down the block from Alice, the little blond girl from Wonderland. Next, ICE determines who's deported and who isn't, not a governor. Third, this stunt will limit Lindell's vote-winning ability in the primary. Further, Trump can't bail him out, not when shutting down the border is President Trump's signature accomplishment.

In this video report, Lindell reportedly said that he isn't worried about pushback from ICE or President Trump:

If you're a Trump loyalist, isn't this confusing? Won't this bring up questions aboout Lindell's loyalty to President Trump? This is a major unforced error by Lindell: In his interview with WCCO's Esme Murphy, she was getting more excited by the sentence as Lindell spoke. You could read between the lines that Esme thought 'Finally! A Republican who thinks like us!'

Dustin Grage said it perfectly in his tweet when he said "Mike Lindell just surrendered to the radical left by supporting amnesty for illegal aliens." I can't say it better than that so that's my closing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)