Chuck Schumer: Chinese were humiliated

If you believed the things that Chuck Schumer said, you'd believe that the Chinese were humiliated when the U.S. military shot down the Chinese spy balloon after the balloon finished its intelligence-gathering mission. Appearing on ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Schumer said "I think the Chinese were humiliated. I think the Chinese were caught lying. I think it's a real step back for them."

Getting caught lying doesn't mean a thing to the Chinese. They just move onto the next step in their plan. It's like catching a Democrat lying. Humiliation isn't something that they experience. I's say that that's something that Democrats and Chinese don't experience but that isn't required, is it?

Sen. Schumer also talked about the "objects" (which were likely balloons) that were shot down Friday and Saturday night. Again, the administration's story doesn't add up, especially their story about shooting down the object near Prudhoe Bay:

They believe they were, yes, but much smaller than the first one. Both of those, one over Canada, one over Alaska were at 40,000 feet. Immediately it was determined that that's a danger to commercial aircraft, which also fly at 40,000 feet. And so the second one, in cooperation with the Canadians, the first one with the Americans, took it down. And that's appropriate.

The first balloon, there was a much different rationale which I think was the appropriate rationale. We got enormous intelligence information from surveilling the balloon as it went over the United States.

How many jetliners fly near Prudhoe Bay? I can't picture that being a heavily trafficked path. It's a different story with the object shot down in Canada's Northwest territories. Flights from Fairbanks or Anchorage to Calgary or Edmonton or nonstops from Anchorage to Minnesota are plausible.

This exchange is enlightening:

STEPHANOPOULOS: This program is going to have to be shut down now, hasn't it? The Chinese aren't going to be able to send balloons.

SCHUMER: Look, I think the Chinese were humiliated. I think the Chinese were caught lying. And I think it's a real step back for them, yes. I think they're going to have to -- I think they're probably going to have to get rid of it or do something, because they look really bad. And they're not just doing the United States. This is a crew of balloons, we saw one in South America, they've probably been all over the world.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So what do we do now to counter China overall if they're clearly taking more provocative actions?

SCHUMER: That's a great question. Yes. And one more point I would make on this, by the way. I do think Senator Tester is looking into why it took so long for us, our military, our intelligence to know about these balloons. That's something I support. Congress should look at that. That's the question we have to answer. I think our military, our intelligence are doing a great job, present and future. I feel a lot of confidence in what they're doing.

Check this out:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kendall Quall's big mistake

Proof that Tim Walz doesn't care about fraud or other crime

Johnson family statement (unedited)