When will Dan Wolgamott be charged? What will the charges be?

It's been 2 weeks since DFL Speaker Pro Tempore Dan Wolgamott was pulled over by a State Trooper for swerving while driving his vehicle. Since getting pulled over, video has surfaced showing Wolgamott in a Mora store parking lot drinking right before he was pulled over by the State Trooper.

I first wrote about Rep. Wolgamott getting pulled over in this article. I quoted the MPR article as saying "Wolgamott’s vehicle was weaving, lacked a front license plate and had expired registration." I also quoted the MPR article as saying "Wolgamott failed field sobriety tests and registered .106 percent in a preliminary breath test, which is above the legal limit of 0.08 percent."

This week, I received Rep. Wolgamott's email update. It included an update on his traffic incident. It said "On Friday, July 7, while attending a weekend wedding celebration outside of Mora, Minnesota, I was stopped by law enforcement in Kanabec County under suspicion for driving while impaired. The Kanabec County Attorney is awaiting the results of a test before deciding on further action." That email update is dated July 21. Why is it taking the Kanabec County Attorney 2 weeks to get these results? Did the Trooper find more than alcohol in the test? First, here's the video of Rep. Wolgamott in the parking lot:

I expect Rep. Wolgamott to get treatment for this. I want him to get himself straightened out for his family and for himself. That being said, I expect him to not run for reelection in 2024. It's difficult to go through treatment. I know because I've watched relatives go through this stuff. They didn't have to juggle treatment with a high-stress job like a state legislator. Add to Wolgamott's worries that he's raising a young family, too. I expect my state legislator to be capable of handling his personal and professional life. At this point, I don't see how Rep. Wolgamott can do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Joe Biden our Grifter-in-Chief?

Tim Walz's Confederate Flag Fiasco

Maria Bartiromo's interrogation of Gov. Ron DeSantis