Thursday's presidential debate expectations game

If ever there was a DC parlor game that highlights how out-of-touch DC is, it's the presidential debate expectation game.  What a bunch of foolishness. Who cares if Candidate A did better than expected? Who cares if Candidate B did worse than expected? The only thing I care about is whether the candidate looked up for the job.

What I'll be watching for

Trump

With Trump, I'm watching for whether he's poised. Thus far, when he's talked at the court at the start of the court day and at the end of the day, Trump has been short, concise and to the point. He's gotten straight to the point. He's been very substantive.

I'll be watching to see if Trump gets asked a question on immigration. If Tapper and Bash don't ask Trump about immigration, I'd hope he'd go off-script to talk about the subject.  Perhaps, I'd wait until my closing statement to highlight the fact that Tapper and Bash didn't ask a single question about such an important topic.

Biden

With Biden, I'm watching for how often he attempts to use gotcha lines like "convicted criminal." I'll watch whether Biden portrays Trump as an authoritarian. If Biden plays that card, I'd want Trump to ask how many executive orders Biden has issued. Then I'd want Trump to ask if any of those executive orders opened the borders and/or got Rachel Morin or Laken Riley killed.

Back to Trump

I'd want Trump to talk about how Biden apologized to Laken Riley's alleged murderer for calling him an illegal alien:

Let's remind people that Biden is beholden to the open borders activists. Biden isn't free to talk about securing the border the way you and I talk about securing the border. Let's remind the nation that the Biden administration is the administrtion that brought murderers to every city in the U.S.

Finally

Biden might or might not show up hopped up on drugs like he showed up for the SOTU Address. That's insignificant to me. Let's see if he's substantive from start-to-finish. Let's see if he makes it to the finish line without mashing up his words. Finally, let's see if he can get off the stage without help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tim Walz's Confederate Flag Fiasco

Blistering Barack's butt (bigtime)

Why is Joe Biden letting Hamas off the hook?