Dan Wolgamott avoids scrutiny

Dan Wolgamott represents me in the Minnesota House of Representatives. This morning, I tried gathering additional information on a townhall meeting he's holding with Steve Simon, Minnesota's Secretary of State. I'd first seen this information in this article.

When I got to Rep. Wolgamott's legislative Twitter account, this is the message I got:

Rep. Wolgamott is a wannabe career politician. He isn't very talented. What he lacks in talent, he make up for in spin. Further, Rep. Wolgamott apparently doesn't like scrutiny. This arrived this afternoon for me from Rep. Wolgamott:
The attack we saw on the U.S. Capitol on January 6th wasn’t the end of radical conservatives’ efforts to destroy our democracy for their political gain. Republican leaders in our state are also doubling down on Trump’s baseless lie to undermine Minnesota’s nationally respected election system. I won’t stand for it. Next week, I’m holding a Defending Democracy Town Hall with Secretary of State Steve Simon to discuss ways we can combat voter suppression and defend your right to vote.
Voting facts:
  • Minnesota has 6 weeks of early voting.
  • Republicans didn't introduce anything to shorten the length of early voting.
  • Minnesota Republicans haven't said anything remotely similar to the things that President Trump said.

Dan Wolgamott isn't being honest with his constituents. He's doing his best to stir up intensity with his supporters. This is important context because Wolgamott said that he'd "bring people together" if elected.

Wolgamott has been a reliable DFL vote for the DFL's agenda. You can't bring people together when you're a true believer from the far-left. He might not be as far-left as John Thompson but that isn't a difficult hurdle to clear.

As for Wolgamott's decision to block me, I have a simple question. What's he hiding from one of his constituents? Here's another question. If he's proud of his decisions, shouldn't he want to defend his decisions? I certainly haven't hidden from my statements.

I'll just close with this observation: I suspect that Rep. Wolgamott doesn't want to be called out for being a far-left Democrat while he's trying to masquerade as a moderate Democrat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Joe Biden our Grifter-in-Chief?

Tim Walz's Confederate Flag Fiasco

Maria Bartiromo's interrogation of Gov. Ron DeSantis